Oct 28, 2011

You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown

I would like to take a small break from the heaviness that took place yesterday to talk about something that brings a smile to my heart every holiday season.
That's right, I'm talking about the Charlie Brown Holiday Specials!



 I've looked forward to them every year since I was a little girl. Charlie Brown himself, Snoopy, Lucy, Linus, Sally, Pig Pen and the whole Peanuts gang; I love them all! Last night, I was so excited to share The Great Pumpkin with my daughter for the very first time. She wasn't nearly as captivated or mesmerized as I'd hoped, but what can you expect from a 9 month old, really?

Regardless, I'd like to know, which Charlie Brown special is your favorite?







3 comments:

Keesha said...

Hi Landrie-

Visiting your blog from VB! I love that you are posting something about the Charlie Brown specials! As a child of the 70s I ADORE them - they take me right back to the innocence, hope and fun of my childhood. They are so different from the cartoons of today - there's a sweetness and wholesomeness (almost a happy melancholy) you just can't find anymore. I can't wait to share CB with my kids when they're old enough. Maybe this is TMI, but my son has my old, old Charlie Brown sheets on his bed b/c we haven't found a set we like enough yet!

Please visit me at Mom's New Stage www.momsnewstage.blogspot.com/

Keesha said...

Visiting from VB! Great post! I love that you just posted about Charlie Brown! As a child of the 70s those specials are near and dear to my heart. They take me right back to my childhood. There's something about them - an innocence, a happy melancholy that you can't find anymore. I can't wait to introduce my kids to them when they're old enough. Maybe this is TMI, but we haven't found sheets we love enough for my son's big boy bed, so he is sleeping on my ancient twin Charlie Brown Valentine's Day sheets!

Please visit Mom's New Stage www.momsnewstage.blogspot.com/

Christine said...

I love Charlie Brown specials! It was always exciting to watch them as a kid, and I get so nostalgic when I see them nowadays.

While watching the special this year, my husband and I were wondering who these adults were that were handing out rocks to Charlie Brown. Poor guy.