Dec 6, 2011

Bouncing Back

I apologize for my lengthy absence from this blog. Our internet connection has been down for what seems like an eternity.

I also realize that I am quite late in the viewing and sharing of this particular video. But I finally got to watch it and I couldn't help but pass it along.

What an amazing, articulate, and inspiring young man. I think he's right about making any parent proud. I hope that everyone can take a good hard look at this, and then themselves in regard to their personal opinion on gay marriage. Really, answer the question, if not out loud then to yourself: Why are you opposed to it? Other than for the "sake of tradition" or something equally as ridiculous, why is it that we are dehumanizing people simply because they love someone of the same gender? I've honestly never understood the opposition..... and really, I don't know that I want to. I'm very open minded and won't ever back down from a good (read: intelligent) debate, but it's really hard for me to listen to some antiquated bullshit about marriage only being between a man and woman. Why? I have yet to hear ONE GOOD REASON why people are against it. Not. One.

Regardless of where you stand on the issue, definitely take a look at this video (even though most of you probably already have.) And then ask yourself the question one more time: Why are you against gay marriage?


Love to you all.

No comments: